Sunday 1 July 2018

ZBrush Human Sculpting Practice - 2018/06/22


Unposed block out

 


Posed turntable



3D printout



As you can see, there was an... issue... with the print.  I didn't put enough supports on the free elbow (there were only 4) so it separated from the supports and got stuck to the build plate until it intersected with the rest of the print.

The solution involved printing a replacement arm, and then some careful work with a razor saw and emery board to match up the join.







Lessons Learned


  1. More supports during printing.  This was partly due to not realising that the model wasn't on the build plate in meshmixer (I had the built plate hidden) so automatic support generation didn't work.
  2. I'm using ZRemesher for too long.  ZRemesher is for producing the basic mesh, and then I should switch to subdividing to add more detail
  3. When posing, I should double check that a pose is possible for actual humans, not just my mannequin.  Trying to get your arm into that position is murder on your rotator cuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment